gLoBaL uKuLeLe oDySsey

MY year-long tour of asia, including, but not limited to : Taiwan, Two stints in Thailand, India, and China...performing, teaching, directing, etc...

Name:
Location: oakland,, ca

Saturday, July 30, 2005

alas! preparing to return to the place i once called home...a place i left my sanity, and the one woman who had captured and held my love, seven years ago.....i feel a sense of calm, accepting trepidation....fear, and uncontainable excitement.

this project, the global ukulele odyssey has already begun to open up new doors for me, and that in addition to having the opportunity to work with the dream community creating a multi-faceted arts parade; have filled me with hope and glory.....

the benfit concert at mike dasilva's ukulele studio, featuring the rAbId BuNnIeS - me on uke, myra chaney on cello, andreas sabogal on tabla - was great fun, if not a success...but it was a success, filled with friends and supporters. i will probably get to india thanks to that evening.

mike not only threw the benefit concert for me, but built a bamboo (yes, BAMBOO) ukulele for me to play and handstand upon! the 'ukulele handstand' was previewed that night! i am trying to put some music from the evening up on my website, soon!

more when i get to taiwan! bon voage...to me! thanks to you!
randi bunny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home